The button is flattened on the side to make it easier to use. However, it can also be installed rotated by 180 degrees.
Due to the installation in an AUG Z, the quick change of the barrel as with the military variant is not given (!), You need the same amount of time to remove the barrel as before, but you avoid unsightly scratches on the receiver. The installation is therefore legally harmless.
To remove the barrel, proceed as always: Take the receiver with barrel out of the stock, then use a screwdriver to turn the dismantling screw out as far as it will go. Now comes the innovation: You no longer need to push in the barrel lock pin with a pen from the front (or from the side where the dismantling scratches usually occur) so that the barrel can be swiveled out, but you can press the barrel release button with your thumb and swing the barrel out . In the end, you don’t save time, just a tool and a few unsightly scratches.
How do you install the barrel release button?
1. First you remove the barrel as usual, but you screw the disassembly screw back so that the barrel locking pin can no longer turn.
2. Then unscrew the threaded pin of the barrel locking pin by at least 3 millimeters using a suitable screwdriver. If the threaded pin cannot be unscrewed easily, heat the front area of the barrel locking pin until the thread locker comes off (smoke rises). This can also be done with a lighter, but it takes time.
3. Now unscrew the disassembly screw and remove the old pusher without the head from the side. The best way to do this is to exert pressure on the barrel locking pin from the front, which makes it easier to remove the old pusher without the head. A neodymium magnet is ideal for removing the pusher.
4. Now remove the barrel locking pin and spring and screw in the disassembly screw until it can be removed from the front.
5. Then place the silver insert with the smaller diameter first in the housing of the barrel locking pin and push it in until it can be seen on the other side.
6. The barrel release button is now installed in the reverse order. It is advisable to secure the threaded pin with a thread locker (eg Loctite 648).