NOTE: The muzzle device spacer (AUG-PRO-8.0) is not required for the KaWaTec compensator A2 (AUG-PRO-7.0), all accessories are included!
The KaWaTec AUG compensator A2 is a compact 2-chamber compensator and weighs 95 g. It is NATO A2-compliant, which means that a large number of silencers can be fitted with a quick detach mount, e.g. B. STEYR ARMS UMS or B&T Rotex V.
Against the rise of the muzzle, the openings at the first baffle are opened 10 degrees more upwards than downwards, see drawing.
The compensator can be perfectly aligned with the 5 shim washers and the included spacer, in contrast to countering, the muzzle device is also perfectly aligned axially with the barrel.
The following shims are included:
1x 0,5 mm, 2x 0,2 mm, 1 x 0,1 mm & 1x 0,05 mm.
How do you mount the compensator?
1. First you remove the existing muzzle device (ATTENTION: left-hand thread!) and clean the thread.
2. Then you put the spacer over the thread as shown until it rests.
3. Then you screw the compensator tight.
4. The compensator will not be properly aligned at this point. You estimate how much you have to turn it back so that it is aligned. With a thread pitch of 1 mm, one turn corresponds to 1 mm distance, half a turn corresponds to 0.5 mm distance and a quarter turn corresponds to 0.25 mm distance. In this way, you can roughly calculate which shims are required for the compensation.
5. The compensator is now removed again and the shim washers are placed on the thread according to the estimated distance, the compensator is screwed firmly back onto the barrel and the alignment is checked again.
6. If the alignment is correct, screw the compensator down again, apply high-strength thread locker (e.g. Loctite 648) to the barrel thread and screw the compensator back on and check the final alignment again.